Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Buttermilk Syrup (Magleby Style)

My daughter Alyssa posted about this great syrup so I decided to try.  If you live in the Provo area you have probably heard of the Magleby Fresh pancakes with this sweet bit of heaven poured on.  I actually tried a couple of recipes for it.  One was labeled as "The Best" from the Thermador test kitchen.  I did not think it was the best.  It had 1 Tbsp. of baking soda in it and more butter.  Maybe people like the not as sweet taste and the extra foam but I though it was a little chemically tasting.  I went back to the one with corn syrup and not to much baking soda.  I got this off the Sugar N Spice recipe blog.
 


Buttermilk Syrup
1 cube butter
1 cup sugar
1 cup buttermilk
1 Tbsp. vanilla
1 Tbsp. corn syrup
1/2 tsp. baking soda
Bring first five ingredients to a boil. Remove from heat immediately and add Baking Soda. To avoid boil over I use a fairly deep, heavy pan.

No comments:

Post a Comment