Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Chicken Bundles

Whenever I make these people ask me for the recipe.  They are a rather old-fashioned dish but still good. I serve them with rice and pour the sauce on both. It makes a nice looking plate with some colorful vegetables.

Chicken Bundles


6 oz. Cream Cheese (3 oz. with chive or green onion, 3 oz plain)
4 cooked chicken breasts, cut up in bite size pieces
1 Tbsp. butter
1 can mushrooms, drained
pkg. of 8 crescent refrigerator rolls
herb stuffing mix (like Pepperidge Farm) ( if I have the Italian Bread Crumbs on hand I just use those)

Mix the first 4 ingredients.  Put 1/4 cup of mixture into each crescent roll. Roll up and seal and dip into stuffing mix.  Cook in oven at 350* for 25 minutes. Serve with sauce on top.

Sauce

1 can Cream of Chicken soup
1/2 Cup sour cream
1 tsp. lemon juice

Mix in a sauce pan and stir on medium until heated through.

No comments:

Post a Comment