Sunday, November 3, 2013

Jan's Caramels

Jan's Caramels


My friend gave me some of these as a Christmas gift and I love caramel so I had to get the recipe. My daughter made some to give to her high school friends and they were a big hit there too - just a good, soft caramel chew.

1 Cup Butter plus a little more to butter pan
2 Cups Sugar
1-1/2 Cups light Corn Syrup
1 Can Sweetened condensed milk

Prepare a 10-1/2" X 6-1/2" or 8" X 8" pan by lining with tin foil and then grease generously with butter.  Melt the 1 Cup butter in a heavy pan then add the rest of the ingredients.  Bring to a boil and cook until thermometer reaches 234-235 * F (at 4500' feet elevation). Pour into prepared pan. Don't scrape cooking pan.  Cool and  cut into bite size pieces and wrap in wax paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment