Monday, October 17, 2011

Zucchini Coconut Bread

     I love coconut even more than zucchini so this is my favorite bread. I picked it up from someone at church when I lived in Chicago and have never come across it since. I have a lot of loaves frozen to keep me happy through this winter.  Bryan made some last week and put in 2 cups of semi-sweet and 2 cups milk chocolate chips -probably overkill on the chocolate but oh so good.  It was like eating a candy bar. Make sure you eat it warm.


Zucchini Coconut Bread

3 eggs
2 cups sugar
1 cup oil
3 cups grated Zucchini
2 tsp. vanilla
3 cups flour
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 cup coconut
½ cup nuts (optional)

Mix all the above ingredients well.  Pour into greased loaf pans. Bake for 1 hour at 350*

1 comment: